Tuesday 22 February 2011

Are Toyota cars realy as bad as I think they are?

Hi,
I bought my Toyota IQ2 brand new on the 1st of September 2009 for £10,650.
Its cheap to run and insure but the interior plastics quality is very poor, but I could put up with that as I am a very carefull owner and I look after every thing I own very well.
Some 12 months later after escaping the first accelerator recall I recieved a recall leter about the cars shutting down certain electronics when driven over the rumble strip on motorways or uneven surfaces, the letter stated that my Toyota dealer  (who will be named later) would be in contact with me very shortly.
Some 2 months later, nothing.
Then to top it all (the car is now 14 months old) I washed my car at the weekend as I do every weekend Inoticed a rust spot on the bonnet from a stone chip, I then decided to have a good look around the car and noticed 3 more rust bubbles on the boot lid.
I telephoned the Toyota dealer where I bought the car from who asked me to bring the car down, which I did within the hour.
They took the car into a building for half an hour then told me that it may not be covered under the waranty because 2 look like stone chips and the other 2 look like cuts??????? WHAT.
Anyway I am not very happy and I'm still waiting for a reply on the recall work and the body work some two weeks later.
I will keep you posted as soon as I here from them and let you know the outcome and what I intend to do about it.
Thanks
Heath

Please to every one out their, any feed back and information regarding your experiences with Toyota cars is very welcome and much needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment